Creamy Greens Pasta
A dish with heaps of aroma from toasted pine nuts and crispy-fried sage.
Madog Open Fire Set
Remember to bring cutlery. Eating spaghetti with your hands is fun but not too easy - we found that out the hard way.
Recipe (serves 2)
1) Light fire
2) Boil salted water for pasta and set aside
3 Toast the pine nuts in skillet, remove and set aside
A handful of pine nuts
2) Add some olive oil to the pan and add sage and fry till crispy
3) Fry up some garlic, then add green veg and stir-fry until almost cooked through.
1 clove of garlic, finely diced
Green veg of choice, we used broc and green beans
4) Add in the cream and some capers, simmer until it thickens slightly then set the pan aside. Don't overdo it or the cream will split.
Good bit (half a cup?) of double cream
1 tbsp of capers
5) Whack the pot back on the heat and it should come up to boil quickly. Plunge your pasta in and cook until the pasta is about 2 minutes off cooked.
6) Drain the pasta off, add the sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes. Garnish with the crispy-fried sage, pine nuts and a healthy serving of grated parmesan.
7) Down it!